Becoming a Medical Marijuana Caregiver in Maine
- Caregivers grow, process, and deliver medicine to qualified patients.
- Each caregiver can have up to 5 patients, 6 including themselves if they are also a patient.
- A caregiver can grow up to 6 flowering plants for each of their patients.
- Caregivers will pay $300 per patient for annual registration with the state DHHS, unless they are caring for one family or household member, in which case they don't need to register.
- Patients can access up to 2 ½ oz. of medicine every 14 days; caregivers can maintain a supply of 2 ½ oz. of medicine for each of their patients.
More information about the rules and regulations for medical marijuana cultivation and use can be found on the Maine Department of Health and Human Services website: http://www.maine.gov/dhhs/dlrs/mmm/index.shtml